Scholars’ Development Fund (SDF)
Scholars who would be presenting a paper at the conference and are in need of financial aid can apply for funding to attend the NTSSA 2024 annual conference at Wellington through the Scholars’ Development Fund (SDF). This SDF support includes the conference registration fee, local travel (unfortunately, international flights are not covered), accommodation and a daily allowance of R250 for meals. The Development Officer of the NTSSA processes the applications alongside the Treasurer who plans the logistics. Grant applicants must be signed-up members of the NTSSA when the application is processed, who have also settled their annual membership fee for 2024 (R150 is the required minimum for NTSSA annual registration fee for SDF candidates).
Applications are to be submitted to the Development Officer of the NTSSA, Paul Adebayo (firstname.lastname@example.org), in writing on or before Thursday 15 February 2024, and such applications must include the following:
- Full personal details (including ID no, academic institution and contact details);
- Brief narrative CV (maximum two pages);
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor or other academic staff member of your institution, or a member of the NTSSA
- An abstract of the paper that you plan to present (maximum 500 words; this must have been approved and such candidate shortlisted to present a paper at the conference).
- And a detailed proposed budget by each applicant (this includes travels, accommodation, conference registration etc)
SDF applicants are expected to also have indicated interest by registering for the conference on the website, but payment for the registration will be handled later by the Treasurer for only successful candidates. Successful applicants will be communicated before or on 1 March 2024.
NB: Preference will be given to applicants who are not recent beneficiaries of the SDF.